"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Eleanor Roosevelt
What I'm working on:
Other than a couple of random freelance projects, KBC is having and celebrating its 10th annual Caring for Katy Sunday in a couple of weeks (are you coming? you should come), and the missions department has been prepping for it. For me, that's only really looked like laying out a digital and print promotional piece; but I'm pumped for the actual day, since I've never been a part of it before! Have I mentioned I really like my church? I just do.
Randoms for your weekend:
- It took me a while, because I like to think that I am too cool for popular women's-ministryish books, but I finally read Wild & Free this past week. And by read, I mean inhaled. And now I'm basically demanding that every woman everywhere read it, too. I'm annoying.
- Speaking of ministryish stuff, I listen to Passion City Church's podcast every week and the series they're in right now — "Don't Waste Your Life" — is awesome. Give the most recent one a listen for starters, but you should really go back and watch them all.
- I started to buy three flower pots from this store yesterday and then for some reason the cheapest shipping was $30 (????????) so I didn't. But I needed you to see how great they are and know how much I love them.
- CBC Sports gave Craig McMorris his own video series, and it is wonderful.
- Friendship (sent to me this week by my best friend, of course).